Saturday, June 27, 2015

44 kg One Arm Swings,PR tie 44 kg Two hand swings, 44kg belt squat, parallel pushups



I'm starting to approach all the weights, from 24 to 48 kg the same way and that's great. I'm not scared of any of the bells now for swings and I've been waiting for that for a long time. It wasn't too long ago at all that once I got above 32 kg I would get  pretty 'concerned' about the weight and not getting hurt.

Not that I don't completely respect the weight, not at all, I have enough reps with the heavier bells now and my groove is solid enough that I don't freak out. And the oly shoes have really helped as well keeping the  movement out of my lower back at all.

With the change in protocol now to just ten sets ( have to leave time/room/ energy for the two handers) it's also not so bad. It's only ten sets after all. Goal will be to get to 10/10 strongly on ALL the weights.
After that just maintenance, which will be enough :)

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg  x 4/4
32 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3
44 kg x 7/7 x 10 sets
140 reps
13,500 lbs work

 grip was fine and my hand care paid off, the callus was fine today.

Two Hand swings
44 kg x 10 x 4 sets

these were fine but I really don't care for the close hand position I am forced to take with it. I will use two bell swings next week I think that will be better for a few reasons
1) I want to do some wider stance work to get more hips in the mix
2) it will let me keep my arms locked better too ( the two hander by virtue of the close grip tends to make it very hard to keep a hard lock in the elbow during the back swing)

After all those one arms though it wasn't easy. Not hard but not easy either

Belt squats
44 kg x 10 x 4
 these were strong

Parallel bar pushups
25
22
15
10
72 total reps

lol well that fell off fast.well at least the rep count was up

db rear delts
3 x 12 with 15 lbs

did strapped in hangs before and after the workout. these are really coming along and helping tons. Did two sets of chin grip hangs, no straps after as well. this is great to be able to do this again

ok ruck up tomorrow

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...