Saturday, October 25, 2014

24 kg combo swings 300 reps,24 kg double front squats,pushups crawls



Very happy to not be swinging a heavy bell this week! I might need another light day in between the 32 kg and the 48 kg workouts. As the volume goes up across the board recovery is getting tougher, even as I get fitter.

Perhaps
24 kg
32 kg
40 kg
28 kg
48 kg

??

Might make sense. 32 is still 'heavy' for me and then it's straight up from there. I do know that today felt good but I still had to up the volume a bit to get that next level adaptation. I thought I could add in some two hand swings and not lose the acceleration on any of the reps. worked great.

Two hand/ One arm swing combo
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5/5
24 kg x 10/10/10 x 10 sets
300 reps
15,900 lbs work! best workload yet!

I can see working up to 40 rep sets here, it's just a minute but a totally different energy system and even better foundation work now that my work capacity can handle it. Snatch Vo2 training will help this too.

Goblet squat warmup
20 kg x 2 x 2
24 kg x 2


Double kb front squat
2 16s x 3
2 20's x 3
2 24's x 3 x 3

these went very well! moved my stance in a lot, kept my toes straight and rested my elbows ON my knees( that told me I had depth). This was a like doing a double bell goblet squat. The elbows become the pivot point and allow me to work my upright chest and still sink my hips.
It's still a 'drill' but it's the next progression to strengthen the thoracic extensors IN that deep squat. Very strong position and the reps were solid even though it was tough from fatigue.
Also makes me squat straight down

Pushups ( on horizontal pbars)
 4 sets of 14!
no clunking at all. stability is increasing all the time

Crawls
three laps of 60 feet

felt very very strong. Ok lets hope for a better ruck walk than last week

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...