Saturday, October 18, 2014

48 Kg One Arm Swing, double PR, 20 kg double kb front squats, pushups, crawls



I had a good feeling about this workout and it all came about. I knew my old 48 kg one arm swing PR was 120 reps, done  in sets of 6/6 back in the end of May . Last weeks work with the 40 kg was my strongest yet so I had high hopes for this work but the question was how to do it?
11 or 12 sets of do as I did last week and do 9 work sets and one of 10/10. That would give me a double pr, and secretly, what I hoped I would be able to do.

But I would keep all options open til I got hands on bell as that is the only thing that matters : how I feel during THAT workout. There is always another workout :)

But the AM stretchout was good, the bell warmup as well and the Beast didn't feel as heavy as usual and my grip felt UBER strong.Endurance was solid and I was recovering well between sets.  Joe moved south so it is just, at best three of us so that means less rest. It was no problem

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5+ 5 two hand swing x 3
20 kg x "   "
24 kg x 5/5 one arm swings
28 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 3/3
40 kg x 3/3
48 kg x 6/6 x 9 sets 108 reps
          x 10/10 pr
128 reps PR
13,568 lbs

SWEET.

here is the fifth set of 6/6


Double kb front squats

Didn't want to go too heavy after all that work , even though my back felt fine. Makes sense to have these in opposition- weight wise- with whatever the swing workload is. Heavy swings, light squats and vice versa

Moved my stance in closer and it felt better. deeper and stronger.


2 16s x 5
2 20s x 5 x 4 sets

Horizonal p bar pushups
13 x 2
12 x 1
11 x 1

these felt strong as well :)

Crawls

3 laps of 50 ft

getting stronger too. trying to get and keep hips even lower

ok then! nice roll. back off next week. I have travel again in 5 weeks so I probably wont go hard on this weight at the end of next cycle

AM bodyweight 160.4

Ruck tomorrow that will be interesting as well

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...