Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bikrams then Snatches.

Got my third Bikrams class in this week yesterday and had probably my strongest practice yet. I was determined NOT to fall out of the first series one legged poses after my poor performance last time. I spent lots of time during work doing my Z drills as well as stretching out the left knee.Good performance requires good preparation in my experience. Sometimes you can do it and sometimes you can't but when you can it always seems to help.
But it was freaking way hot yesterday and I hit a bit of a wall again at 3/4 point.Need more ice in the water.Again, better preparation. Tracy of course made mince meat out of the class.It's so cool to be able to share this with her. And now not just once a week but three times. Way cool.
I also finally figured out how to get in and out of the floor bow, locusts, standing bow and camel without subluxating my right shoulder, which is no fun at all to have happen.A combination of tricep contraction, external rotator contration and slight torso rotation made all the difference. It's so much fun having totally f'ed up joints :))
But they are still improving and that's the key.Made sure to REALLY rehydrate all evening.
I don't know how a person sweats as much water out as I do and doesn't die. It doesnt make sense. My mat is literally a puddle when I am done. Crazy.
Friday to prepare for Saturday's snatches.

Saturday.

24 kg snatch
16kg x5/5x3
20 kg x 5/5

24 kg x8/8x13 sets
216 reps
11,448 lbs

Was thinking about sets of ten but yesterdays was a late class and I didn't have as much time to eat as I wanted. So sets of 8 it was, which worked out fine. Both arms hardstyle over the top( strange that my left has re- converted it seems) with a fast pace and as much bell acceleration as possible. But made sure to hold a solid lockout as well.No worries.

CB Arm Cast
15 lb CB x 10/10 x 5 sets

quick and dirty.
datsit.

Now to prepare for more Bikrams, bright and early tomorrow at 8am

5 comments:

Franklin said...

I really respect your progress with the Bikram. I recently started "Power Vinyasa" in the much cooler 85 to 88 deg F room and man is that stuff humbling.

Originally approaching it as "active rest" day, its no walk in the park and very demanding. The fact your sessions are just a "warmup" for snatches is very impressive.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks franklin,

I am not up tothe level of tracy,who can do a bikram class and go right to max vo2, doing it the day before is enough of a challenge.
it is getting easier in someways( I can recover fairly well for the next day) at the same time I am making it harder by pushing the poses more.I still think of it as active rest though as I think it actualy helps total recovery in thelong haul.
keep up the good work yoursel!

A Headless Place said...

I often wonder how the constant "pat, pat, pat" sound of my sweat hitting the floor doesn't distract the whole class!
On a side note - my back flexibility in the rach during jerks has never been better.

Ericc

Mark Reifkind said...

Lol, there ain't no 'patter- patter' with me man, it's a faucet been turned on.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...