Monday, July 21, 2008

300 one arms swings, 32 kg.

Nice workload today and it was strong. Was not feeling all that strong, or heavy, going into this one but it really did turn out nice. I could have done at least another 50 and my hands held up better than ever. Found, or, re- found, a solid grip position too which accounts for the no blisters or tears.
Found myself sitting back into my hips even more than normal today as it freaking IS the 32kg and that is heavy for me. Especially for sets. And reps.So I got a good sitback and a proper hip lean as well and I really felt my hips working perhaps the best ever. Great stuff.Strong is good.

One arm swings
16kgx5/5x2
24kgx5/5

32kg x10/10x15 sets
300 reps
21,600 lbs

I do have to admit I took at least 2 minutes between sets, as I wanted to focus on maximum compensatory acceleration for every rep and that was my goal today, not muscle fatigue. So I rested and really put as much as possible into each set of twenty.
I also took a much deeper grip into the palm when grabbing the bell and my recently wussy grip now felt like 545 deadlift strong of the old days. Very weird.Just made sure to keep my wrist as straight as possible, as well as the elbow, as that tight a grip can create wrist and elbow flexion to hold the position.
A little bit of work with the grippers appears to have paid off.
No where near my pr of 400 reps but much easier than two weeks ago and only 200.

Snatch Holds 16 kg
set one: 60 sec
set two : 75 sec
set three: 90 sec

man these are boring, but they work the rotator cuff and the strength endurance and stability of the shoulder like nothing else I've done so they stay in.I've gotten weak, endurance wise though. I used to do the 24 for almost 90 sec and now the 16 is tough. Use it or lose it.

Datsit,Bikram tomorrow.Tons of Z and some foam roller today.

5 comments:

Franklin said...

Nice work!

Nothing to apologize for the rests between sets .. being explosive with each rep is the much higher priority then density plus you are getting strong as hell in the process.

Franz Snideman said...

You da man Rif!!!!

300 reps is nice!!!!!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks franklin,

I tend to go slower when the weights are heavy; just a carryover from powerlifting I guess.

Mark Reifkind said...

Franz!

good to hear from you. thanks man, see you guys next week!

eda said...

潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,
情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,

色情小說|七夕情人,一夜情,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
.,
按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...