Friday, July 11, 2008

Bikram PR

LOL, Today I did a Bikrams class for the second day in a row and I'm claiming a PR.I brought it up to Tracy yesterday after the kick ass class and she was game.Although I don't think she expected me to actually follow through.Tomorrow is snatch day and I have always been crazy ocd about resting as much as possible before my main day workout but things are different lately.I used to train everyday. In fact,when I started training, at age 14 in gymnastics we always trained 5-6 days a week. Right from the start. So that is what I thought training was about.
I was always my happiest in the gym, moving, flying , being strong, so it was no problem spending most of my day there.And the better I got the easier it was to go and train as I had the most control in there than in any place in my life.
So the idea of being able to do three days a week of kettlebell training and perhaps three days of yoga is very very enticing to me.So I thought I would saddle up and see what back to back days felt like as well as snatching tomorow on little rest and little food( only two hours to eat tonight- you dont train on food, anyway. You train from your mind and your heart).
Todays class was even better than yesterdays and either the class was not as hot or I am getting heat adapted quickly. Tracy says it wasn't as hot. Oh well. Still I only went through one bottle of water today instead of my normal two.
I really am suprised at the progress I am making and I know, from many years of stretching and gymmastics training that greasing the groove, doing movements over and over and over really makes them easier each time.I could see doing yoga everyday and getting a real carryover in flexibility and strength from one workout to the next.You dont' get a real chance to tighten up again.
Don't know if I'll go that far ever; three days sounds just fine now.
Ok got to eat :))

6 comments:

A Headless Place said...

Hey man,a PR's a PR...we have to take 'em where we find them!
Nice going!

Ericc

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

Bikram is addicting isn't it?!

I'm gonna do a 30 day challenge in August I think.

I'll let u know how it goes. :)

Mark Reifkind said...

eric,
lol, I can pull a pr out of almost anything. keeps me motivated.

Mark Reifkind said...

bob,
I would do the challenge but time constraints and travel won't permit it.It is a bit addicting although the constant heat would be problematic for my kb training I think.maybe not.good luck on your 60 days.

Mark Reifkind said...

edit

30 days.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...