Saturday, April 05, 2008

Swings, snatches and some TSC.

Today was 24 kg swing day and I knew I wanted to do some longer sets, in preparation for the new assault on five and ten minute tests in the future.Also wanted to see how the breathing techniques work with swings relative to snatches.
Even though I got through the 36:36 pretty easily I still had more residual muscle tension in my forearms,top and bottom, and as usual they tried to make their way up to my shoulders.Lots of Z and G5 slowly but surely worked it out and the shoulders are back to where they have been.
With super loose ligaments it doesnt take much muscle tension to really pull some important bones out of alignment! For some strange reason that always causes problems with something in my body :))

Swings
16kgx5/5/5/5x2

24kgx10/10/10/10 x 10 sets
400 reps
21,200 lbs

These went suprisingly easy. I used tradtional biomechanical breathing on the first thirty reps then went to the new technique on the last set of ten and it seemed to help ease the HR and respiration. But I'll be damned if I can count a rep correctly when I do it,lol!

Snatches
16kg x 32/32
2 min each arm, 4 min continuous
32 points

wanted to play with the breathing and positions and go for four or five minutes.I started to feel a bit fatigued in the arm at 32 so I switched.Slow pace but that was ok.

15 lb CB Mills
10/10
12/12
20/20


datsit. Jordan Vezina came by Stones this morning to challenge himself in the TSC strength challenge. He did great and I'm sure will have a post about it on his blog.The guy is tough. Well done Jordan!

*edit*
The new goal list in order of importance:
1) 24 kg snatch for 100 reps 5 min ssst (non continuous)
2) 20 kg snatch for 200 reps 10 min ssst( non continuous)
3) 20 kg snatch for 100 reps 5 min ssst ( continuous)
4) 24 kg snatch for 100 reps 5 min sst ( continuous)

5 comments:

Jordan Vezina said...

Thanks Rif, and thanks for running it. I'll have a post and some video up after I rejoin the land of the living. :)

Mark Reifkind said...

hope you are alright man, you went through at a blistering pace!well done.

Jordan Vezina said...

massage therapist myofascial-tortured me, now I'm good. :)

Anonymous said...

About the taper...You said it right, it was worth it. Its always a psyshological battle between knowing what is right and doing what you know is right.

Mark Reifkind said...

britt,

I know;it's just a terrible time for that week or so.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...