Wednesday, January 04, 2023

195 x 5 x 1, 200 x 5 x 1 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, band pushdowns , db curls

 This went well, thank g-d. I really needed it. Strained my  right lower ab from having my  head back too far on the presses monday  and wasn't sure what would happen. Did the release work and by  training time it was ok

Definitely was not into super arching and prior to walking in the gym had no idea what technique I was going to do except wrap my thumbs

Ended up really  well. the key  cues were

1) set up in front of the bar  on unracking ( don't tilt torso forward)

2) lock knees

3 ) press to X

that's it.worked pretty well. too me awhile to get the timing but after realizing I had to lock the knees and then press to  X immediately  the timing got better




then 200 x 1 x 5


this felt very natural

then 20 kg swings  5 x 8/8 ( wasn't sure this wouldn't hurt my abs)

then 
Band pushdowns ( purple and red ) 
3 x 20-12
Supinated db curls
3 x 10 with 15's ( used palm up the whole time, wide carry angle position) felt great

BW 175.6
BF 14.6

No comments:

Kono Press 205 x 1 x 11 sets PR, kb press 20 x 3,24 x 3 28 x 2, 20 kg swings 4 x 8/8

 Decidded to try the kono start position again, even change my head position (  didn't last) to looking up and in thinking I could get a...