Wednesday, February 12, 2020

195 lb press x 12 singles, 24 kg one arm swings 10x10, laterals



The triceps extensions I did on Monday took more out of my triceps than I expected them too, but as I feared as well. isolation exercises, with the exceptions of the laterals and the pullaparts don't help my lifts as they tire out the most important "connector" muscles too quickly.

Well my hypothesis failed but the experiment was a success! They're out!

Could really feel them today during the press, especially during the setup, even though they weren't sore at all. Just too tired.

Everything was tired today and didn't sleep well last night for no good reason. Just a get it done workout.

But still, 12 singles with 195 on a tired day ain't bad at all

Still pushing the bar forward  and I hate to say it but I might just have to go back to the full thumb grip again. When I get to the lockout I need to keep the bar back but locking out with the triceps involves extension which, try as I might to fight it, seems to push the bar forward. Got two weeks to play with it and then back to triple progression on heavy saturdays and speed singles on wednesday.  Time to re inforce that lay back arch I think. we'll see but I'm thinking that will be the plan.

Still have time to make 100 kg before my birthday

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1 x 3 ( not enough layback and too much forward push!)
195 x 1 x 12 meh
175 x 1 fast!

24 kg speed swings
53 x 10 x 10
5300 lbs

solid!

laterals
3 x 8/8 20's

BW 173.4
BF 14.0

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...