Wednesday, February 26, 2020

175 lb press weight ladder, 20 kg snatch, 1 arm laterals



This wasn't that bad considering I haven't done any heavy reps in two months or so and both shoulders caught serious DOMS from MONDAY'S workout mid morning! Damn my traps and front delts and pecs just got tight!

That 32 kg hit the sweet spot for power output I guess and I haven't swung that heavy for that high for that much volume is forever. I could feel it

But the  technique ( drive hips forward as I hit sticking point) seemed to really work especially considering the variables of soreness and lack of rep training

Instead of focusing on the bar or focusing on NOT pushing the hips forward, having something to do to GET UNDER  the bar really seemed to work

I do think I need to develop a wider base though, wider stance as this should help this technique.
Will play with it
It should also answer the question of HOW to set up after the unrack. Do I lay back or push hips forward prior to initiating the press? Ideally I would unrack it in the perfect position, then press, then hip thrust to finish

went up to 195 for a single after


I was putting the bar position just a bit lower than usual but I think that's not right as I want more weight laying me back. I think, It's like the question of low bar or hi bar rack position in the squat ,
lol

and, as we know, I used low bar but should have used hi bar :)

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 5
145 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 1
135 x 1

20 kg snatch
5 x 5/5
solid. overhead position surprisingly good

1 db laterals
15 x 8/8 x 3
15 lb rear delts 3 x 10

BW 172.8
BF 14.9

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...