Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Snatch Vo2 17 min, walking lunges,parallel bar pushups, side laterals



Haven't gone this long in the snatch vo2 in many years. Hard to imagine I did 80 sets of 8 in this almost ten years ago! I don't want to go that far again but I built up to it the same way I'll be building up this time 2-3 steps forwards, 1-2 steps back. Rinse and repeat

Had a hard time getting my groove right away as this speed and the lighter bell weight can let me do virtually any technique but I want to keep a decent hinge and my " ba boom" technique so as to transfer to my 24 kg snatch

Once I got past 5 minutes things settled down and my groove appeared
Overhead position was decent right from the start with NO biceps pain or impingement
Heartate was up to 160+ pretty quickly too.
Tried to double breath on this but couldn't figure it out at this pace yet.
No worries

Snatch V o2
17 min
34 sets
238 snatches
8,568 lbs

Not bad at all :)

Walking lunges
4 sets of 40 steps

yeow! feel the quad burn. shorter steps give me better knee forward translation and the lower quad and ankle dorsi flexion I want from this

Lungs ok and finally feeling NO jetlag. took long enough!

Parallel bar pushups
3 sets of 30 - strongly

 this is back

Side delts
3 sets of 12 with 15.

solid here too

BW 166.2
BF 11.4
W 57

feel lean and hard


ruck up tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...