Monday, January 30, 2017

130 lb Military press 5x5,44 kg belt squat, floor pushups PR, crawls, side delt



Technique from last week held, AFTER I figured out what I was doing wrong the first two sets. Ack.
Not my best mental day as I was distracted with tax and money thoughts but hoped the technique would carry me though. It did as soon as I did it right.

The first two reps saw more bicep tendon slippage than I've had in months and I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized I was catching the lip of the rack on the walkout and realized I was holding the bar on my chest as I wanted, but too  LOW on my chest.

Once I put the bar right on the collarbone the rest of the technique fell into place. Dramatically. The weight felt light but there is no room for technical error on presses. You can't fight the groove and the weight at the same time.

This groove/technique is SO different than the static layback one that it probably will take a whole bunch more reps to really get it on auto pilot


Military Press
stick x 5 x 2
bar x 5 x 2
65 x 4
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 1
130 x 5 x 5

not bad once things got sorted. video above is set 4

44 kg belt squats
12,14,16,18

these felt very strong

Floor pushups
3 sets of 33 PR!

hard but strong

crawls
3 sets of 70 ft
strong too

side delts
3 sets of 15-12 with 15 lbs

out of steam in shoulders now

BW 165.4
BF 11.9
W 56.7

roll out tomorrow

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2