Saturday, April 23, 2016

48 kg One Arm Swings 200 reps 2nd time, hack squats, Sandbag pushups, side delts, db curls



There is nothing I like better and hate more, than challenging myself physically. I've basically done this all my life ( since age 14) and it's become part of who I am. Even when I really couldn't do much at all during my "rehab years" when if I just pushed on the gas even a little something broke, I still tried to push myself in my rehab.
It's just my nature.
And now that I can actually push on the gas a bit every now and then it's a blast but it still nuts me up a bit when it's " go time".
I know exactly how hard this is going to be, how much it will suck and that I have absolutely no reason to not do it except my fear. Which is no reason at all.
In fact, that is exactly what this is all about, facing my fear and my weakness and beating the shit out of them.
Time and time again.
Because the little bastards keep trying to creep back in and there's no real way to keep them out than to keep defeating them.
Another reason I love the swing so much is that it is so easy push yourself so hard yet it is about the safest way to brutalize yourself I know of.

The first three sets suck the most as I'm not warmed up, either muscularly or cardiovascularly yet and it just feels stinkin heavy and slow.
But, as on cue, the fourth sets feels the best and then it just gets better until set seven when I just get sticking tired.
Especially my legs, which is perfect. Because it could be my back that gets smoked and it's not.
That is very good.
Wind felt good today even though it was still stupid hard and my HR rarely got under 140 when it was time to go. Grip was ok after the first set.


One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 4/4
48 kg x 10/10 x 10
200 reps
21,100 lbs
under 40 minutes!

Barbell hacks
75 x 10
95 x 10 x 3
Superset with kickstand squats
3 sets of 8/8

LOVE these HAVE to keep them in

legs are TIRED!!

Sandbag pushups ( 32 lbs)
4 sets of 12

strong, shoulder is great

Side delts
3 sets of 10 with 15's
db curls
3 sets of 10 with 15's

BW 162.4
BF 11.5
W 57.1

ok VERY happy with this workout!Getting stronger each time out although much easier. that will come

big ruck tomorrow and a lot of relaxing to do today

datsit
neverquit

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...