Sunday, March 27, 2016

Loose and Fast Ruck

Almost didn't go today. Right TFL was super tight and it wasn't responding to normal self massage or stretching techniques. I was limping ( strange, now, to limp because of my right leg,lol) I've had this before and got relief from rolling it out with a stick while it was in flexion.
Doing it with the hip in extension did not help.
So I did that a bit and took off, knowing I could always turn around easily ( another good thing about having my 'track' two blocks from my house.

Things started out tight and I wondered if it was going to work. Plus my calves felt seriously tight an and heavy and took two full laps to loosen up.
But then things did and the third laps was fast - 8:03- very fast for that early and things kept getting faster. and the hip opened up more and more until it felt normal

6th lap was 7:50 which totally took me by surprise but not as much as the last lap coming in at an all time PR of 7:33!
I would have never bet on this happening today!

You just have to show up and see how things go.

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
12 iso squats
3rd lap 8:03
6th lap 7:50
12 lap 7:33 PR!!

BW 163.4
BF 10.9
W 57.7 !!
Sweet

Neverquit is the key.
Big presses tomorrow


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...