Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It aint pretty but it's fast.I try the Boost protocol.

Got my first taste of the Boost Max Vo2 protocol this afternoon when I trained it with Tracy, her second session of the week.I got in the deep end as she had to do 6 sets of each of the two diffrent rep schemes and the first one lulled you into a sense of security. The second one let the hammer down, although truth be told it wasnt that bad.
Looking at the video though I can see how I am cutting both hip and shoulder extension quite a bit. will have to work on it but eight reps per fifteen second clip is FAST for a guy with chimpanzee arms like me.I do cleaner snatches on saturdays when the focus is on pause reps and longer sets.this is about speed and power and lungs.I try to throw the weight,up and down.
Next time better camera angle too,lol.
I was very happy with how well I did jumping into the deep end of the pool with this. Speaks well to the strength of the regular max vo2 protocols.

Snatch Vo2
16 kg x 8/8 x 6 sets 45 sec rest/ sets
here's some video


one minute rest
16kg x16/16x6 2 minute rest/set
heres some video of that

284 snatches
10,224 lbs

man that looks like nothing written down but it weren't a lot of fun to do ; although with all that rest I can now push myself to go pretty hard each set pretty safely.Compared to 80 freaking sets of 15 this doesnt seem so bad- yet.
Plus, I have to remember that the Boost is a peaking cycle, not a base volume one. I am a volume addict and get very weird when I see the numbers of total reps drop too low. Like trying to take a marathoner down from 100 miles a week to 50. Watch THAT freak out,lol.Especially now that I have some decent numbers to work with.
Tracy of course was doing 18 reps per 15 sec, a 38 rep per minute pace! Crazy. and with only 10 pounds less than me. I am ashamed,lol. :))


20 kg snatch
20 kg x5/5 x 3 sets

would have done much more but I was so sweaty I couldnt hold the bell at all,lol.nasty.paused the reps for stability. The volume addict was talking.Kill the demons, kill the demons, lol.But the sweat won out.

One CB Sheild Cast
15 lbs 80 reps continous switching every 8

this was solid and its relatively easy to do a lot of continous reps like this.

2 CB Swipes
2 15 lb CBs x 4x 20 reps

havent done these in awhile and want more upper body mass now anyway. Should kb walk but just don't want to. I am getting weaker with age,lol. at least in the will power department.

Its so much easier doing this with Tracy. There is a palpable energy that is created when people are training seriously and it uplifts everything that it touches in that space. I've had the training experience with some serious competitive bodybuilding and powerlifting training partners and let me tell you; it's hard to come by.Most just aren't interested in training as hard as they can.At least not after any length of time.
But its beyond cool to have that now with my wife of 20 years.Especially when it's all I can do to hang on and keep up :))
So we now have a training date on wednesdays for max vo2 work and this will make training oh so much easier and stronger.It's just easier to push myself when she's there, go figure.
OH this too. The more z drills I do during the day the faster I can snatch. No doubt. Just have to make sure it gets done.

datsit.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

"will have to work on it but eight reps per fifteen second clip is FAST for a guy with chimpanzee arms like me.I do cleaner snatches on saturdays when the focus is on pause reps and longer sets.this is about speed and power and lungs.I try to throw the weight,up and down."

Chimpanzee arms? funny....but now I that I think of it, you do have rather long arms for your heigth.

I think Pavel just talked about the speed/tempo issue on the forum. The pause up top certainly does clean up alot of ROM as well as stability issues.

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah they are real long,lol. oranguatng is probably closer to the truth.
I dont worry about the pause during mvo2 because my focus in speed and power and total body accelearation. the second snatch workout cleans up all the other stuff.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...