Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bloody Kettlebells






















I decided to not do the scheduled 36:36 protocol today and I knew I needed some heavier load,both weight wise and volume wise to get this old body back on track. the 36:36 primarily stresses my grip endurance and I don't need that right now.
Getting volume and intensity ramped back up now is the key.
So I chose the 20 kg for sets of 6 reps and 'lets see how many sets I can get" figuring up to an 85% effort or so.
But man, the 20 kg did not feel light at all today. And I ended up stressing the grip as well coming up with three blisters on two hands. Lovely.
I freaking HATE to miss workouts,lol. Coming back stinks.I tore about the 30th set and ended up fiddling with my grip a bit and almost tweaked my right shoulder. Big Important rule: as MRKC Brett Jones says, " an arm disconnected from the body will be punished". And he is right. I relearned that lesson today at a cheap price and won't forget it soon.
I can't believe how deconditioned I feel in only two weeks of relative slacking.I mean it's not THAT bad but compared to how I was just a few weeks ago it stinks. I know my first Bikram class(tomorrow)





will kick my ass hard.Oh well.
Snatch Vo2 15:15
20 kg
40 sets of 6
240 reps
10,560 lbs
used hardstyle over the top for both arms and it was a slow start. Like I had forgotten how to snatch I started in slow motion. Things picked up after set 15 or but MAN that 15 second went by fast. I tried to use the full 15 second by holding the top position a bit more. but this was more than I had planned for. Dats how it goes. Thank God Tracy was there to kick my ass a bit or I probably would have stopped at 30 sets, lol.
This was one tough workout and really showed me how fast and easy it is to get out of top shape.The reason I was quiet in the workout was because I could barely breathe,lol.
I also used the fan and Tracy asked " are you actually going to use the fan?"I said " hell yes" I just wanted to survive today. Wait til Bikrams gets me ".
Clubbell Mills
15 lb CB
20/20
18/18
15/15
good to do these again but there were tough,mainly cause the sweat was killing my grip,lol.hands were trashed.
Clubbell Barbarian press
25 LB x 20
20x2
15x2
always interesting pressing in the transverse plane.Great for the pecs, triceps and elbow lock.need to up the mass a bit for awhile.
so dats it. Will try to make bikrams r

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Rif, it was great seeing you and Tracy over both weekend!

I'm sure you're loving the FMS and I look forward to hearing about how you implement it in with your clients, etc.

Talk with you soon!

Franz

Mark Reifkind said...

franz

same here.as you know I'm a slow study so it will take me some time top study the manual, process the data and then start to implement it.with all the chek stuff, z drills and my own stuff it will be an intersting mix.

Franklin said...

Hey Rif, I finally got to meet my mentor and master motivator .. you of course!

Ah .. a nice VO2 workout for you .. just what I needed to keep my butt back to trainig.

The weekend absolutely flew by and I was so grateful to spend some time with you and Tracy at the Friday's.

Spring loaded gymnastic floors? man, I've really been out of touch ..

Mark Reifkind said...

franklin

it was great to finally meet you man!good to know I can be helpful to your training and progress. hope to see you again soon, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...