Saturday, August 23, 2008

180 24 kg Snatches and Tall Kneeling Press

Ah man, it's SO good to sleep. For those that sleep well easily please appreciate it because their is few things as sweet as a good nights sleep.Especially when your monkey minds keeps you awake for days in a row.So I felt good this morning, great ,in fact and was ready to hit the 24 kg for some reps. Mainly I wanted to keep the reps low per side so I could not tear up my hands and still be as explosive as possible on each rep. The combination of fast, explosive reps and high reps is always a hand destroyer for me and I've got to get back in better form now. No time for downtime or less intensity because of torn calluses.

Snatch
16kg x5/5/5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5/5/5x2

24 kg x5/5/5/5x9 sets
180 reps
9450 lbs.

Not a bad effort at all and I had to stop myself from going to an even 200 because I started to feel the beginnings of a beginning of a hot spot on a calluses and realized I didnt need the extra 20 reps. It was a solid effort but I could tell my strength endurance is down. No worries it will come back quickly.

Clubbell Mills
15 lb CB
1x10/10
1x 15/15
1x20/20

I really missed not doing this move and have now figured out how to load it properly so that it doesnt irritate my left elbow. Had to engage the lat and hip more directly to activate the left right rotation and problem solved! Was isolating the arm motion too much.

Split and tall Kneeling presses
split press 16 kg x1/1
tall kneeling press 16 kgx1/1
split press 24 kg x1/1
tall kneeling press 24 kg x1/1
32 kg x 1/1

this was fun. I wanted to replicate my press from the ck-fms cert which SO suprised me.I don't know if it's the tall kneeling position that creates a press motion that doesnt tweak my right shoulder or that my shoulder can press again. Too scared to try to press standing yet, though,lol.
This is fine.
Here the video


Way easy.Will have to try it split style next time.

datsit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Press, Rif!! Way to go.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks tim it was pretty fun. not use to that, lol.

dr. m.c. said...

i'd been wanting to write about the incredible effect of kneeling presses but had no good illustration. et voila!

Thank you. this is super duper.

and way to go.

looking zen and good.

mc

Franz Snideman said...

Nice 32kg press.......sweet!

Super tough... I have tried it. My right QLO gets a little jacked up when I do the kneeling press with anything heavier than a 24kg

Mark Reifkind said...

mc

my pleasure,lol!hope all is well with you. your blog is going great! but it's so intense I have to gear up for it,lol.nice work.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks franz, and it's the weirdest thing. I'm still not sure I can press without pain standing up,lol!but kneeling it's easy. so strange.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...