Wednesday, August 18, 2021

200 lb press x 1 x 9 sets! New old technique worked!, 24 kg swings. green band triceps extension

 THIS WORKED PERFECTLY! 

Now, to do it with heavy  weights,lol

I thought about the Ed Coan squat setup and how long he takes to wedge under the bar before he unracks it and took extra time and care to lock in my feet and hips before I unracked the bar. Also unlike the other technique I have to unrack it with my hips and lock them in, not so much my knees

The goal is to set up with my hips in front of the bar and keep them there. Lock in to the starting position I want to press from before I take the bar out, not after.

This felt so good

Press
65 85 105 x 2
135 x 2
175,  195 x 1

200 set 1 this is the set I locked my knees not my hips and it shifted me backwards just a bit
set 2 was GOLD
As was three
set four was great too but there was a slight hitch there somewhere but can't see it but it slowed a bit
Set five could have been the best of the bunch: FAST
set six was fast but with a little wiggle but hey, I'll take it

set seven was blazing too!
set eight good but just a little forward. lost some starting hip tightness I believe
set nine was solid too
It may not be perfect but it feels great. Now to memorize it and re do it on heavy  day!

24 kg swings
5 x 8/8 felt strong and fast

Green band triceps extensions
3 x 20 love this exercise and the pump. hits just the meat of the long head and no elbow or shoulder issues

BW  176.8
BF 13.3 ?!!
W 57.8 No bath  this is great the lowest it's been in the am in a long time

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...