Monday, August 23, 2021

Worst press day yet

 Well that completely sucked. Went from the best press workout  I've ever had and knowing I had figured out the technique to not being able to do it ( nor much of anything) and just a few short days! I was so scared or re fucking up my sacrum that my body just wouldn't let my hip get forward enough to press well

I pulled my feet back in close but no go. My hips just shifted back to unload them and I had no leverage

Thankfully nothing hurt, or even hinted at hurting my I just didn't want to go there and my body wouldn't let me

Have no idea what to do now

I know it was the wider stance and locking in the forward hip position that tweaked things but that's where my true leverage is. But it looks like I won't be able to do it

I tried the same set up technique with the close stance but it wasnt the same

Plus, for some damn reason the top of the left foot, the metatarsals near the navicular seemed BRUISED! WTF? 

Had NO inkling anything was wrong after the swings and the ruck

Just go hurt sleeping again. The definition of old age.

Fuck

Press

65 85 105 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1

this felt decent enough then 205 x 1 almost but missed backwards which was the theme of the day
215 x MISS, bad one 
then another one I couldn't even just past my nose. just deleted the video couldn't even look at it. Nothing to learn from it, I wasn't in the right position and I know it

then 205 for 3 down sets I made them but meh. pumping knees instead of hips I see now


then went flat footed with 185 and missed that twice so I called it a day 

ACK

wt pushups

bw x1)

53 x 10 x 3

One arm laterals
3 x 10/10 20 lbs
Bent laterals
3 x 10 w 20

BW 176
BF 11.2
W 59.5 ( bath at noon)

Who knows what's next but it will involve my narrow stance and locked knees and go from there


No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...