Wednesday, June 16, 2021

175 lb press 10 x 2, 24 kg swings , floor rep pushups

 

This went very very well. Good thing I decided to go light all sets today as I was pretty sore when I got under the bar. All morning though I was great. Warmed up well just a bit creaky at the start

Determined to really keep my knees lock and drive the bar to my face. It worked very well and then after the fourth set I realized I had to fix my elbow flare as well. Decided to try the cure "pinch" as in "pinch my elbows in" before I pressed and it worked perfectly!!!

Just light the 'lock' cue it triggered a nice domino effect of creating the bar drive to my face without having to think about each thing separately

this was the fourth set before figuring out the pinch cue


Pretty good but not as good as later sets! Very pleased with this

10 sets of 2 with 175

Tried used band unracking to isometrically tighten the leg lock but all I felt was arm work so I scrapped that idea

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8

Floor pushups

2 x 50, 40

really cooked by now but in a good way

BW 176.8

BF 14.4

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...