Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"...nothing works forever" Military press, back squats,floor pushups, rear delts



Felt really good today; rhomboid issue all cleared up, GREAT night's sleep and a solid mindset. Yet my press went nowhere.

Well, it did go somewhere; out in front. I used the same technique as late, high chest on the setup, step out, plant, layback and lockin then lay back again and press.
everything was out in front! 170 wasn't heavy at all but moved totally into the wrong groove!

Dropped back to 135 and just did a very basic setup with NO secondary layback and bar path was perfect!

I think my increased shoulder mobility and ROM now requires a different groove. This is so much more simple. We'll see when it gets heavier

Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 1
150 x 1 ( better)
160 x miss ( way out in front )
170 x miss ( the same!)
135 x 5 x 5 pretty much all the same as  above video

If this holds it will greatly simplify my press. Time will tell

Back squat
bar x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
145 x 5



that strange pop at the end was my tailbone moving :) freaked me out a bit but the aftermath was fine. If it had been a bad pop I'd probably be in the hospital now. Things have been out of balance a bit lately and I'm pretty sure it's the deadlift addition.
My body just doesn't like this movement. It never has. Squats feel great but there is some shifting, some asymmetrical something that happens even when I pull "symmetrically". I can't feel it happening but my hips and back just never like them
Same with pistols

Perhaps have really messed up hips and gait from 44 years of a weird knee affected things strangely,perhaps? :)

I will just plan on DLing a month out from the cert. Double bodyweight will be no problem with just a few actual dl form sessions. My swings will keep me strong enough for that. And won't mess with my back

No more pushing things I know I shouldn't do for anything or anyone
Barbell hack squats worked great for a long time. Proven to be trustworthy for this body . Even the double kb front squats were fine.

Floor pushups
35
30
25

felt ok but endurance was off a bit from lack of total volume the last two weeks. No problem, it'll be back soon

rear delts
3 sets of 15 with 15 lbs

these are crucial and I probably need to do more sets

BW 167.4
BF 13.4
W 55.9 !  weird

ruck up tomorrow

datsit
dfq

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...