Monday, July 17, 2017

175 lb Military press PR,36 kg belt squats, 70 rep Pushup PR, crawls, rear delts



I had no idea how this was going to go. Recovered well yesterday after the ruck and felt great but slept on my neck weird and left trap and scap were tight all morning. I figured it was psychological and would release, as it usually does, once I get into the gym but I wasn't sure.

I knew though I would try these jumps
135
155
175

and then if I could I would bump it up to 180.
I couldn't BUT all else went well. Warmups were just about perfect. I perhaps could have goine
135
150
160
then 175

I weight was a bit of a shock at first and perhaps required more muscle tension than needed if it hadn't been such a big jump from 155 but who knows?

All I know is that there was no way I could grind like that again on  180. No worries. leave it to another day

So I did this


Military press
stick x 5
bar x 5
65 x 4
85 x 3
105 x 2
120 x 1
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1 PR all time
135 x 8 Rep pr

very happy with this for sure but looking at the tape I can see that my walkout could definitely be improved. I didn't have the weight all the way on my torso as I stepped out and there was a definite loss of connection and tension there. Fixing that will really help.

I was nervous ,lol
And my shoulder was wonky and that's always distracting.
But lessons learned

36 kg Belt squats
4 sets of 18
legs were definitely tight and tired but strong still

Floor pushups
1 x 70 !!! All time Pr


I know I drop my head and it's ugly but I do do the exact same movement and ROM on each rep. It's all the gymnastics training and trying to hold hollow position. tucking the chin, just as on the bench press, really creates a coil effect and helps the push off.

I'll take it.

Crawls
3 sets of 70

rear delts
3 sets of 12 with 20 lbs

BW 165.6
BF 11.6
W 57.0

Day off tomorrow it's been a HELL of a hard and heavy training week!

datsit
DFQ

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...