Wednesday, February 25, 2015

20 kg swing vo2, 30 sets/10, walking lunges,horiz bar pushups.leopard crawl



 Second day back after a six day trip to the UK for my first ever Body Maintenance course and a Lats workshop. Great great trip but it was pretty much nonstop the entire time. London was freaking cold and I was freezing seemingly every moment except for sleep time in the hotel :)
Not much working out, which was the plan but a ton of walking and lots of body maintenance. At least on Saturday.

Plane trips and sitting in general for 15 hours always takes a toll but I've seemed to bounce back fairly quickly this time.

First workout back and since the StrengthMatters KBCert was announced and the subsequent 10 minute swing test I thought I better start focusing on this instead of just a 5 minute test with the 40 kg. This is a different animal.

As much as I hate the 5 min energy system I hate 10 minutes even more. But well see definitely has to be trained for and no time like the present to start, so snatch goes back on the back burner for a month or so

Swing Vo2
16 kg x 5/5/ x2

20 kg x 10 x 30 sets
300 reps
13,200 lbs
16 min 16 sec

this was not that bad but we were over time. the key thing here is having a timer right in front of me. We went I go you go but obviously we were off especially in the first half
Next week we will use the 24 kg and sneak up on this bad boy
We'll still stay with the heavy one arms on saturday cycle as I think being able to keep the volume up there will make the 32 seem much lighter than if its the heaviest thing I train with


Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 sets

legs are tight from not bending them enough ,lol but they got better

Horiz pushups
4 sets of 12, 12 10, 10

good to get back to these

Crawls
3 laps of 50 feet

these kicked my ass. Even though I'm not feeling jet lagged not training doesn't make me stronger but weaker. I'll be back soon though.

datsit
neverquit



1 comment:

Lars said...

Rif,

sorry for the shortness of this comment but my kid is waiting up! ;-)

I have questions:
1. I drive 150miles aeek on a recumbent bike. Is that sufficient for the legs and aerobic system? Or would you incorporate anerobic stuff and a run(if you could)? Or MetCon stuff 3 times aweek? My work capacity and regeneration is trough the roof. Or ist it just motivation and i am deep into overreaching? I dont have a clue.
2. I need to build muscles in the upper body(only have rings and bars available). Beside the biking what would you suggest? How to get calories tracked? Do you use a tracking app or something yourself? Whats your opinion on supplementary shakes?
3. Too many things to work on but my kid is important. any hacks you used yourself when kids were younger?

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...