Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday ruck : deloading/ light and fast.

Continuing with the de loading pre travel plans I dropped the ruck weight to 20 lbs and set off for a shortened version of the walk. Last thing I want is to get on the plane for 20 hours of travel tweaked in any way at all.

I came through yesterday's easy workout no problem, with no stiffness or soreness at all. Good start. I thought I would be a big faster with the lighter pack but I really didn't think I would be this much faster

laps 1 and 2 8;20
laps 2 and 3 8:10's
laps 4 and 5  right around 8 min flat
laps 6, and 7  7:50- 7:55
lap 8 7:40 ! Pr
lap 9 cruised it in, didn't time, wanted to finish feeling easy

total walk time one hour 35 minutes

yes, 9 squat holds very deep.

SO much easier with the light pack, almost felt like I was carrying nothing. This is a good metric to have. I had no real idea how much the extra weight slowed me down. Good info to have.

One more light workout tomorrow and then wheels up for Croatia

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...