Monday, September 15, 2014

Standing barbell press, pushups, belt squats , triceps rear delts, hip sled



Had a full one hour stretchout this morning; what a luxury. I feel SO much better after this am recharge. Usually I get part of it but when I can get a full 30 minutes on upper and lower body together it's heaven.

Spent a lot of time for upper body with over head stick work- mainly lockouts against a rack and then retractions and hold for 10-15 seconds. These feel great and I can really feel just how week those lower trap and scap rotators are. This is definitely going to help.

Then back against a wall and straight arm strict front raise and holds. It's about teaching my retarded scapulae to do their damn jobs!
WAAAY too many years of scapula restriction for power benching, I think it really messed my shoulder mechanics up badly.
But it's never too late. I have a good feeling about this work

Barbell press
15 lbs x 5 x 2
25 lb x 5 x 3
35 lbs x 5 x 2
45 lbs x 3 x 3

Tried to be very strict and really hold the lockouts. Didn't want to do too much, never know what tomorrow brings until it's too late :) these felt VERY good and natural, Never really trained these standing, ever really. SO it's different than the little bit of seated pressing I have done in the past but I could really feel how getting my grip wider and having to move the bar ONLY in a straight line made it EASIER for me to press and get a better overhead lockout.

Once this develops the next thing will be seeing how it translate backwards to kb pressing.

Floor Pushups
5 sets of 10

easy strong

Belt squat
44 kg x  20 x 4 sets

toasty quads! really paused AT THE TOP and flexed the quads. This made up for the restricted ROM in the bottom. Ouch.

DB Kickbacks
20lbs x 12 x 4

Blue rear delts
4 sets of 12

Hip sled
95lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps

strong.

Amazing that after saturday's Beast swings and yesterday's two hour ruck my legs didn't feel a thing this morning or today.! That's what I'm talking about! Just another day at the office.
Work capacity and strength endurance are the true goals for me

datsit
never quit




No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...