Monday, September 08, 2014

Pushup pr, belt squats, triceps and hip sled

My back was giving me grief this morning after I sat into a kneeling lunge position and got a little TOO rounded in the pelvis and lumbar. It's kind of the same thing ( lat/oblique , ql) that I felt a few weeks ago so I have to assume I'm not getting my abs opened up enough after Saturday and Sunday's workloads. Also I went into Sunday's ruck dehydrated and don't think I caught up. Took quite awhile to push rest today during the workout but it did , as usual

Going back to movement that was fine before the tweak usually does the job and did as well today but I do NOT like dealing with my back during daily life. Been there, done that and done with it.

Doing squats on Saturday along with all the loaded isometric squat holds on sunday is probably too much so I will go back to either transfers or two hands. Probably transfers as the two handers are a ton of ab work too and the ruck walk is more important. Also MORE ab opening after Sundays hike. Just have to do as much as it take to get things square, plumb and neutral

The squared up position of pushups helped quite a bit.

Floor pushups
10,10,10,10, 11, 11, 12,12, 15, 15
116 reps PR!

These were very easy and strong Shoulders behaved quite nicely. SO COOL to be able to do this oh so simple but SO important push pattern.

Belt squats
36 kg x 20 reps x 4 sets
 strong as hell! back is feeling good.

DB Kickbacks
20 lbs x 12 x 4 sets

Hip Sled
95 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps

these felt good as well

BW 5 am 160.4

datsit.
neverquit.

one day, perhaps THIS pushup

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...