Wednesday, September 10, 2014

16, 18 and 20 kg snatch practice,walking lunges, pushups, shoulder sled



Not a bad one today at all. Body felt pretty good all day but really didn't enough stretch out time. It makes a huge difference to get at least 45 minutes first thing in the morning. This morning I go 15 and tried to get more throughout the work day but it never is the same.

Still I went into the workout with good energy
BW 161 at 4 am

Snatches
16 kg x 7/7 x 5 sets
18 kg x 7/7 x 3 sets
20 kg x 7/7 x 2 sets

the 16 kg snatch


these were so so as evidenced by the videos. The definitely felt better as I went on but my overhead position is just not there. Perhaps this will make it better. Not doing them hasn't helped. The problem is stopping at the top- if I just roll through the rep it doesn't hurt.

I do love the challenge of them though, that's for sure. They are so athletic and powerful. I just miss my overhead :((

walking lunges
4 laps of 120 ft.

very strong actually. very

Parallete's pushups
4 sets of 11

these went very well also. Need to do rear delts, just didn't get it done.

Shoulder sled
4 laps of 250 ft
strong also

get on the floor tonight and roll out!

datsit.
neverquit

2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

I think maybe you should consider using a 12kg and do a 1 minute snatch hold. The snatch hold always works out the kinks for me. After I tweaked my left shoulder/bicep the TGU helped get my shoulder back into place. I think you could do the same with a snatch hold.

Mark Reifkind said...

I would if I could. the snatch holds used to work for me but I can't hold the weight overhead in the right position anymore.:(

the constant motion seems to stretch it out more as well as the heavier bell.
it sucks

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2