Monday, March 10, 2014

28 kg press, 36 kg belt squat and I hate daylight saving time

I hate it. I get up every morning at 3:45 am and that's just as early as I ever want to do it. When the clock springs forward, like it did this morning it's really 2:45 and that's not early morning, it's the freakin' MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT and it was NO fun at all today, despite getting to bed on time and having a good night's sleep ( until I woke up too early).

Felt just like jet lag and that was not fun.So when I got to the gym today I was glad it was just presses and not snatches for volume.

Had a solid shoulder stretchout mob session today and that helped.


One arm swing warmup as usual
KB press
16 kg x 5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 1/1, 2/2 x 7 rounds

these went very well and I think I found a missing piece of the puzzle. I didn't 'spin out' on my left side until  the fifth set when I realized I had not really gotten the hand through the kb window all the way. basically it was sitting shallow in the grip and that's when the bell spun out early.

on the next set when I got the hand cinched in deep( I think false grip) it was fine. the 28 kg is becoming a regular training weight again and that's great.Shoulders are still feeling fine and the presses didn't aggravate them either. the heavier bell and lower reps are doing their job- keeping the move strong but not too much volume.

Band pullups
5 sets of 5 purple band

 these were easy. time to move to black mini band. still: thumbless grip, medium width, bar to chest. did switch standing in band to left leg instead of right and that helped keep my even more square at the top. never did that before

belt squat- partner supported
basically a tug of war squat position
36 kg x 8 x 5 sets

these went great! bell is almost hitting the floor. medium close stance and really focusing on looking up and keeping t spine extended.

crawls
4 passes of 60 feet.

these always kick my ass. great finisher.

datsit. finally a day off
neverquit.


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...