Saturday, March 08, 2014

28 kg One arm swings, 22 kg two bell swings;

Start of a new cycle and I had a great idea. Instead of just cycling the 24, 32, 40 and 48 kg bells I will do TWO different cycles. the one above and these bells: 28,36,44 and 48. this will give me 8 different intensities, volumes and pr's work with. I like it already.

So today started with the 28 kg and sets of 8/8. Could have done sets of 10/10 but there is no hurry. Shoulders are still intact and responding well to the ring mobs!  Still need more teres major and subscap release, as I found out afterward when Joe Sarti worked with me as to why my overhead position has deteriorated so much and those tight buggers seem to be the answer. Need to spend more specific SMR time on them as well as having him release them professionally.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/ x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
28 kg x 8/8 x 10 sets
160 reps
10,080 lbs

two kb swings
2 16's x 8
2 20's x 8
2 22's x 8 x 5 sets

these went great as well. I will alternated two hand swings with these, every other month. the cycle for two bells will be 22, 24, 38, 32 kg for a variety of reps.
for two hand swings the loads will be pyramided each week for strength work from 40 -68 kg.

DB shoulder complex
bent laterals
infraspinitus laterals
alternate front raises 3 x 10 each with 8's

easier and stronger than last week. definitely need these

Rope triceps extensions
4 sets of 15-10

solid session not too hard but not easy either. with just Joe and me there the pace was very fast.  lots of fun
Big ruck tomorrow, adding in another 2 lbs should bring it up to 30 lbs total. weigh it before I start :)

datsit
neverquit

6 comments:

Morgan L. said...

I've told all my friends, 'if you think you're tough come to my house and do some double kb swings.' No takers so far!

Morgan L. said...

I've told all my friends, 'if you think you're tough come to my house and do some double kb swings.' No takers so far!

Mark Reifkind said...

double's are tough but fun. Can't wait to get to the double 32's!

Joe Sarti said...

Great day in the gym! Fun and fast paced. Solid across the board and always nice to help a friend with the release work ;-)

Bond Spread said...

Miyamoto Musashi, comment amazing! Stay strong!
Thanks for playing!

Bond Spread said...

Miyamoto Musashi, comment amazing! Stay strong!
Thanks for playing!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...