Saturday, January 18, 2014

32 kg One arm swings, 160 reps

and a pr of 16/16 as the ninth and tenth set combined :)


Woke up feeling better than the last few days, as my right shoulder has been really forward since wednesdays workout. I think it was the get up on the right side but it could have also been the snatches as well. When my forearms get super tight they tend to pull the elbow and then the shoulder out of alignment and all those fast reps got my grip going JUST a bit ,lol.

Tis the problem with having strong muscles and loose ligaments and capsules,lol , but that's my body and I don't( can't) give up too much more strength :)

Got it stretched out but it took longer than I wanted. Going to take out the curls for awhile too as they were put in to help the shoulder with more supination and external rotation. Let's sub them out for awhile and see what happens. Want to keep the right side getup in there for now.

But everything else felt good. Weight is a solid 159 lbs and I feel lean.
30 minute stretchout focus on the shoulder and hamstrings.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5

32 kg x 8/8 x 8 sets
         x 16/16
160 reps
11,200 lbs    nice.

two hand swings
32 kg x 10
40 kg x 10
44 kg x 10
48 kg x 10

Man! my abs were working hard. So glad my back can take it these days. Wasn't always like this and I'm grateful for the improvement

Lying triceps extensions 4 sets of 10,12, 15 with 45 lbs then 1 x 10 with 55 lbs
alternate with
Crawls( fwd only) 28 steps per laps x 4 laps

these felt great supersetting with the crawling, lit my triceps right up.

tomorrow 22 lb ruckwalk, can't wait.

datsit.
NeverQuit


2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Cool shorts! Great swings too!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks to YOU Morgan, for the shorts :)
the swings felt great

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...