Monday, January 13, 2014

24 kg Snatches, more crawling



Didn't even realize it until after it was over but this was my third very tough workout in a row. Sunday's has changed dramatically; from a gentle rehab walk to a 1.5 hour hike with a weighted pack. Most excellent for sure but it definitely has an impact on my snatches on Monday. Such as today.
My performance was great but I could feel the overall fatigue in my back. Not in a dangerous way but one that let me know I've been doing some serious work.

I had a solid stretchout this morning and included my squat hold series and it was not easy at all, definitely feeling my legs after yesterdays hike

Hold for time supported squat
close stance
medium stance
wide stance
close lunge both legs
cossack side stretch
stair stretch = one round

repeat three times. THIS is what is really making the difference in my knee ROM as well as greasing the groove for the 5-7 hours I am at the studio, constantly squatting down with the stability ball and holding the bottom position for 20-90 seconds as the client swings :) I vary the stance all the time and do this probably 5-7 times per hour for 5-7 hours a day!

Can't wait to be able to sit fully in a full squat and relax there!

Backwards and forward crawling with a client - 3 rounds of 30 feet each.

2pm

one arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3

snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10

haven't done THIS workout in a LONG time! Since Sept of 2012 I think! and it wasn't that bad at all . Not happy with my left side elbow lock but it seems to be a choice between one of the arms not locking out right and now it's back to the left. Still more work to do :)

Split Squat/ BW
10/10 x 4 sets

these went great! definitely the right choice for exercise. Plus I was getting way below parallel with the left leg forward. This is the new exercise for my leg size and ROM. Work up to sets of 20/20 and then add weight. Perhaps a backpack instead of holding weight.


backwards/forward crawls

four rounds of 30/30 feet. VERY tough at this point but shoulders feel great

Hangs
four sets of 20 seconds. The right thing to do to open up the lats shoulders and back

super happy with the last three days. and how great I feel right now, hours later, as I write this.

datsit/
NeverQuit.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...