Wednesday, January 08, 2014

1/4 getups, bottoms up presses and the sled.

Yup I actually started back on getups, which I really haven't practiced much since my cert in '05. Since my knee wouldn't allow me to do them on the right arm and my left shoulder didn't need any extra work( it WAS my stronger side for most of the last 8 years) I just didn't do them outside of demos for student and certs.

But now that my knee will allow both sides and both shoulders desperately need something to restore my overhead position I thought now was a good time to re instate getups. Just the start at first please as this is the toughest part for me and the one that will translate the best for my shoulders right now.

7 am
45 minute full stretchout with emphasis on my legs. Since I increased my knee ROM 10 degrees since last visit ( 120 degrees!!!) I am really motivated to push hard and get the next ten.

 rollout and basic stretches: brettzel, up and down dog, straddle sit stretch and behind the neck stick disloates.
onto

close, medium and wide stance squat holds: these really felt like they dropped down tons.
close stance lunges
cossack side stretches
box lunge stretch( tried these on a stair ala Mason's suggestion but the box with stick for support worked much better.)

three to four rounds of these. legs felt great and depth really getting down there!
Pullup bar hangs and mixed grip stretches

1:45 pm
1/4 getups ( to tall sit)
6 kg x 3/3
8 kg x 3/3
10 kg x 3/3
12 kg x 3/3
14 kg x 3/3 x 2

these went great and it felt very very good on my shoulder and thoracic girdle. How ironic it would be if these fixed my overhead position ? :)

Bottoms up press
16 kg x 3/3 x 2
20 kg x 2/2
         x 1/1

ack these aren't going to work either. man my press feels lost!

Single bell press
16 kg x 3/3 x 2
20 kg x 2/2
24 kg x 2/2 x 3
         x 5/5

lol did these like Pavel on the cover of the RKC book and they worked ok but nothing feels "right" on my press anymore.
Tomorrow I am going to do some handstands and see how they feel.

sled drags
80 lbs x 250 ft x 5 rounds

lol now THESE felt great. very fast pace on the walk as well as the rest periods.

cable curls 4 x 12 -10
pushdowns 4 x 10-12

 still have to figure out this day! and my overhead position

datsit.
NeverQuit.


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...