Saturday, November 09, 2013

Back to work ,back to Swings.



Finally done with jet lag and some very strange total body soreness I've had for the last few days. It's weird as I've hardly done any work- perhaps that's the problem ,lol.
Got a proper Rifga stretchout this morning and that helped as well. Lot of lacrosse ball work on the forearms opened up my shoulder , as it always does, and the shoulder has been talking to me for more than a few days.
For some reason the only thing I couldn't find in either Croatia or Italy was a stretching stick! So I didn't my arms overhead as much as I need to and the shoulder was touchy the whole trip.
But that got sorted out today, my weight was good ( 155.8!) actually a recent high( say hello to carbs/bread and eating early again :) and I felt strong. The knee is feeling very good and all that active rest work yesterday and no ill effect at all.

Very cool

8 am
One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5 
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 x 5/5 x 10 sets
100 reps
7000 lbs

Two hand swings
32 kg x 8
40 kg x 8 x 5 sets
40 reps
3520 lbs

Two KB front squats
2 14's x 3 x 3

these actually felt good. I changed the rack position more to the outside of the ribs and lifted the elbows up and under more, after listening to Fabio teach the clean and press in Croatia. Worked well and didn't have any shoulder destabilization like usual, even with these weights. Very promising. I would LOVE to be able to KB front squat some big bells :)

Barbell curls SS DB Kickbacks
45 x 10 20 lbs x 12/12
55 x 10  20 lbs x 12/12 x 4 sets

these felt good. I miss my triceps and I'm getting them back :)

Tomorrow; back to long walks and more  OS resets , crawling and lunge walks

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...