Wednesday, November 13, 2013

22 kg snatch sled pulls



Now that my knee is so much different I am actually more acutely aware of how jacked up my shoulders are,lol. I dislocated my right one in 1977, ending my gymnastics career, and basically didn't really put my arms much over my head until I started kb training in 2001. That's a lot of time with no overhead mobility, flexibility or strength.

Top it off with tons of heavy heavy work in the horizontal plane and my overhead position is pretty marginal, and hasn't been getting much better over the years despite tons of work on it.

Now that I see how quickly and amazingly different my left leg muscles are acting now that the real issue to my brain, a faulty joint, has been fixed I realize that most of the issue overhead are just due to badly arthritic and damaged shoulders.

Like my left leg used to, they get tight if I train a little, or a lot, or none.Posture makes a huge difference but my job and computer time means I am looking down a lot all day and that is not a good position.

It takes awhile to warmup but then things don't feel so bad.

6-7 am Rifga and full stretchout
lots of time overhead to open the neck and traps ( much better) with bar hangs and stick work.and squats in narrow and wide stances held for 60 second sets. Alternating the rep days with holds for time is the way to go for now it seems.

1 pm
Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
22 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10
90 reps with 22 kg 
4500 lbs

Snatch hold
22 kg x 20 sec each side.

these were better than I thought they would be although I can see in the video that I am getting yanked over a bit more than I thought on the left side. I was trying to stay more upright on the  descent and that looks like a mistake.

Sled drag
60 lb x 100 ft forw and 100ft backwards x 3
70 lbs x 200 ft forward only

good work and back was TOUGH on the quads and calves and I didn't have much work capacity there. good addition

barbell curls
45 x 8
55 x 8
65 x 6
55 x 7
45 x 12

SS with DB kickbacks 5 sets of 10 with 20 lbs db

I am so getting my triceps back. just the start. extensions will put on the size but I have to inch up to them as well as pushups again.

datsit
Sisu


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...