Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Strong again.

And strong feels good.Strength is a choice, as I wrote in my favorite blog post ever , and I've been trying to regain my real strength for the last 4 years or so and it's finally coming back. Feels like forever but I don't quit, no matter how slowly it comes.

Today it arrived. Just a little few somethings that really showed me I'm on the right path. Not traveling for the last few months and getting some serious forward momentum has helped tremendously. I can plan workloads much better given that I know how much real downtime I can count on. Makes it much easier to recover.

And my herbal adaptogen program is working beyond belief.I can really feel my recovery levels soaring as well as my energy. Again, it's been a long four years of rehab :))



Seems so simple, a basic bottoms up clean with a pretty light weight-24 kg.( my best is 40 kg for 3's) but I haven't been able to do it for 1.5 years as my left shoulder was too unstable to support it and would sublux at the top.
Crawled my way back to it and today was glorious! SO nice to feel strong again and not just in survival mode.

PLUS I did full pushups today on the floor ( off my knees again) for sets of 10 and the shoulder held fine . Had to REALLY stay tight with elbows in and glutes tight but it was no issue. Next stop full reps. People don't appreciate the simple things until they are taken away and THEN they realize how great just the basics are.

Not me. I appreciate every pain free, strong step.

Training is a privilege. Movement is a gift.I am aghast at all the able bodied people who do nothing with the amazing machines they are given. Tragic.

I have this beat up, bent frame to use and I love and appreciate every single little thing it can do. Mostly I appreciate that it can still adapt and get stronger and better from just the power of my mind. That's the greatest gift of all.

If you can't imagine it, you can't do it. So many suffer from lack of imagination and curiosity. Too bad for them.

High Pulls
16kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg  5/5
24 kg x 5/5

28 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8 x 2 rounds
104 reps
6552 lbs

these went awesome. the groove was smooth and powerful and the shoulder was not an issue at all.

Floor Pushups/ kneeling
 4 sets of 10

NICE!!! this is back for real

Belt squats

36 kg x 15 x 4 sets

easy.

bodyblade laterals

3x10/10

datisit
Sisu/

4 comments:

Diana said...

"Training is a privilege. Movement is a gift.I am aghast at all the able bodied people who do nothing with the amazing machines they are given. Tragic."

AMEN!

brucedalai said...

Hi Rif,

you're so right with your attitude to movement and training!
I'm just grateful for every day in my life without pain :-)
Take care.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana :))

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Bruce, it's come the hard way, with my toes at the edge of the abyss, staring into the void :))

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...