Thursday, October 11, 2012

Power 2 Hand Swings and pushups



Another good but long tough day. Thursday's is my longest work day before I train and it's never easy to go into my eighth straight hour of work with my own butt kicking. Thank god for Glenn being there or it would never be as good as it is. He's there waiting to go and I don't have time to think or bitch or stall. Plus the sooner I get started the sooner I get to eat:))

Been experimenting with eating early on the training days ( tue/thur) as even though I can make it to and through the workout in a fasted state it's definitely not optimal to try to hard on an empty tank of blood sugar.

A solid protein drink with minimum carbs at 10 and a protein bar ( again min carbs) at 12 really made the difference at 2 when it was go time. I need to make better choices than the commercial drink and bar I'm getting but they work. They digest easily,don't make me bloated or gassy or crash my blood sugar and they fill me up just enough.

6am Full stretchout and PM

got a very late cancellation so I had the whole hour to unwind, Went through my usual Rifga stretch session and then did some distance crawling, about 200 feet in sets of 50. I did it again with a client later and did half the distance backwards as well.
It's really coming along well and did a short PM session with my 9 am client as well.

2 pm
Power Swings
16 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 5
36 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
44 kg x 5
48 kg x 5 x 2
40 kg x 5
32 kg x 5

55 power swings! they were solid and this was the first time I used the Beast for power swings. I could definitely tell the second set was not as , well, powerful as the first but man , as we went down the rack the weights felt like toys!

2Hand Swing
24 kg x 10,15, 20

this felt silly easy as far as weight. my HR still went up though :))

Eccentric Pushups
5 sets of 10, 10, 9,8,8

WAAAY stronger and the closest yet to full pushups. I found that I have to really keep the lower hacf locked in as I shift to the ascent or my shoulder destabilizes! talk about a linked, interconnected system. Full pushups are just around the corner.

Snatch Holds
16 kg x 30 sec
20 kg x 30 sec
         x 45 secs

wow. much much harder AFTER pushups than before but a much smarter way to do them; this will help stabilize the shoulder after the pushing move.

Band laterals
4 sets of 15/15

these are also getting much stronger on the left side.A clear indication things are stabilizing.

datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...