Saturday, October 13, 2012

Don't think, just do.



The  upward spiral continues :)) Woke up feeling so good today I didn't wan't to stretchout or rollout or do anything but move around a bit before I trained. I didn't want to wreck anything. I don't this has ever happened in recent memory! I ALWAYS seem to need to mobilize, or roll or stretch something to feel like I can train safely but not today.

My daily work is finally carrying over. Wow. I honestly didn't know if it would ever happen, really. If I would ever experience it. So  I knew it would be a great workout and it was. I looked back on my log and saw that the last 20 kg workout was  7 sets of 10/10 ( 140 reps) so I set the goal at 12/12 and as many sets felt right. I wanted to do close to the same number of total reps if possible.

It was chilly in the gym at first but it( I ) warmed up fast;another good sign.

20 kg Snatch
one arm swing warmup :16 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets

16 kg snatch x 5/5, 3/3
20 kg x 12/12 x 6 sets
144 reps
6360 lbs

Wow, this was awesome. My shoulder, knee and back felt almost perfectly normal; and being able to snatch without my main focus being keeping my left shoulder from ripping out saves a LOT of energy.

Besides making sure to take my stance out a bit wider than normal and to set the torque in my feet I just totally went by feel. I've been thinking too much about my groove and not just going by what feels strong, what feels right. Just let it swing and find the most powerful arc I could, at that time.

The sets felt very easy and my HR barely went up. I worked on staying calm and relaxed and just doing one rep at a time.Definitely want to work these sets of to 30 reps per arm for multiple sets. should be no problem if this keeps up.
The second set:



this was good too it just always takes my lungs a bit to open up. always has. no problems.
So cool to feel fully recovered from all those Beast swings on thursday no problem either! Wow. Could barely have imagined it and now it's really. Doing more work than ever and barely feeling it the next day; one of my longstanding training goals and metric of how my work capacity training is coming along. woo frakin' hoo.

Both Glenn and Nick kicked ass too, Glenn hanging with me set for set and rep for rep looking like he's getting younger every day too. Crazy. Sometimes it takes more than people would like for the consistency aspect of regular practice and eating right to kick in but it always does. And it's on the Bullet train for Glenn.

Nick played with the Bulldog for some easy sets and reps and is back from his back tweak as well. The only thing better than having a good workout is both your training partners hitting their stride at the same time.

One arm shield casts
10lbs x10/10
15 lbs x 10/10
          x 15/15
          x 20/20

best in quite  awhile.left shoulder felt VERY solid on this, 90 % of right side and it wasn't too long ago I couldn't do the 10 lber with it.

Kneeling Ring Pushups
4 x 10, 9, 8, 8

Well well well. I thought I might be able to do full range pushups soon but didn't think it would be today. used the rings as I thought it would give my shoulders more available ROM for it's safest groove and they did. I was still kneeling but I haven't been able to do a full "push" movement in this plane without my shoulder subluxing. Yes!

Horizontal rows on rings
4 sets of 5

feet on box. this was interesting. not sure if it will stay in the mix or not but we'll see. I thought it might be a good transition to real pullups.

bodyblade laterals
1 x 10/10


datsit.
Sisu/


2 comments:

brucedalai said...

Hi Rif,

great work and i'm happy with you! To have a body without pain, is the best goal we can reach ;-)

Take care!

Mark Reifkind said...

Bruce

you are so right.it's nice that it's finally going in that direction.

take care as well

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...