Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My press is BACK!



 I was hopeful that my shoulder would allow me to press again, after a break of course, and that is exactly what's happened. A different approach to the technique, a decent rest, some solid muscle and corrective work and it looks like I will be able to train my press again without my shoulder  subluxing.

Nice.
More than nice.

Reallly digging out the knots in the elbow flexors made a huge difference as did the band distractions I got from Starrett. It really seems that as I balance out my body, and search for square, plumb and neutral, as I push one part that's "out" IN, some other part goes, "out".

So it wasn't really a surprise to me that as my right shoulder squared up enough to press my left got pushed out a bit and rebelled. But it's just a matter of time before it is all where it should be and everything IS square and plumb.

At least that's the plan

6-7 am

Full stretchout including
 60 TKEs
60 straight leg calf raises
60 100 ups

Really working on rotating the left femur internally A LOT and this has made a big difference in my knee and hip orientation. It's good but very different and will take even more getting used to. But at least my knee is pointing in the right direction for the first time in years. Duh ..

1 pm
One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 transfers x 3 sets


Military press
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5


24 kg x 3/3
          x 4/4
          x5/5 x 3 sets

Nice! I really focused on using the scapula muscles and not just the lats, to pull the bell down and hold it in the rack position. Definitely worked and I had just a few "clunks" in the rack or the press. The weight felt like a joke .

One arm swings
24 kg x 10/10 x 3 sets
28 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets

I hate the handle on this 28kg , fat and slippery. Good for the grip but I don't need too much grip stress as it always radiates up to my shoulder.Time to trade up to the military grade kb I have at noxcuses.

The swings, however, felt strong and easy and I didn't hear a peep out of the groin. All these little tweaks are just signs that I am not in the optimal position and a tap on the head to figure it out fast.


Two hand CB Capt America Arm casts
15 x 10
25 x 10
35 x 10 x 3 sets


wow these were heavy today! They got better each set but that cruiser ain't no joke!


Band rear delts
3 x 20 


Purple band tri extensions
4 sets of  20

this went well. I am liking all the bodybuilding assistance work,I need it.

datsit
Sisu/Never Quit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...