Saturday, November 12, 2011

28 and 32 kg Long cycle c and p/ power swings


No Nick today so I was solo for the heavy day. No worries, one of the best things about kbs is that you don't need a spot ;)). As usual I didn't know how heavy that would mean as it was a pretty jacked up week training and stress wise.

Rule number one: adjust the training to your real time recovery that day. Workouts written down 6 weeks before that don't take into account two days of no sleep, over work or other issues in everyday life just can't be followed to the letter. Unless one is willing to sacrifice all kinds of other things competitive athletes can that grown adults usually can't.

SO it's adapt and overcome always remembering that after this workout, no matter how good or bad it is, you have to go back to the gym for the next one. Consistency is the key, no one gets "fit" or strong or "in shape" from any one workout.

7-8 am stretchout.

from back over ball, to foam rolling, to brettzels two ways, to LOTS of split work, RKC hip flexors 1 and 2 stretches, high hurdle stretches to straddles and pikes, to up and down dogs( man that's a lot of stretches ,lol) and THEN to overhead stick work it all opened up well. SHoulder was still a bit impinged but some kinesio tape helped that a lot.

8-9:15


warmup
One arm swings 16 kg x 5/5/5/5 x 4 sets

Stacked kb press
Had decided to try doing stacked presses instead of regular c and p as I haven't done them in a long time and used to be strong at them. It went weird

2 10' kgs bells: 3 left 3 right( 20 kg)
10 kg 1 12 kg 3 left 3 right ( 22 kg)
2 12 kgs 3 left 3 right
1 16 kg 1 10 kg 1 left 1 right
1 16 kg 1 12 kg 1 right

stopped it here. holding the two handles together like that started to make my right forearm flexors yell quickly so I shut it down and went to long cycle c and p.It was plenty easy and I could do a lot on it if I spent the time stretching out the forearms enough. I thought 36 would be no problem from the pressing part, but the grip is another issue.


Long cycle c and p
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3/3
28 kg x 2/2 x 4 seets
32 kg x 1/1 x 5 sets

This was a surprise as everything felt good and the shoulder stayed put every set. Still not feeling overly "strong" but technique was good;an unusual combination- usually it's the other way around.

I really like doing singles, it is so much easier to really concentrate on getting EVERYTHING tight and right. When you do rep sets, even triples or fives you always focus on making all the reps first before doing each and every rep perfect. It's natural to do so so it's good to sometimes spend time just doing singles or doubles with weights you can easily do more reps with and really PRACTICE the lift. Not just train for pr's.

Power Swings

24 kg x 10 singles

32 kg x 50 reps in 5:39

this was not easy. I wanted to see how close I could come to getting all 50 in five minutes and did the first set of 8 in 30 seconds and then did sets of 5s as I knew I couldn't maintain the correct bell height( chest level) and power output I wanted doing sets of 8. I held the power and form but didn't make the 5 min cut off.

5 reps took about 19 seconds ( call it 20) so that's 10 reps in 40 seconds and that leaves me 20 sec rest each minute to make the 50 in 5 minutes. That's not as easy as it sounds but at least now I have an idea. it was fun, actually, I love POwer Swings!!

Handstands
Five sets of 10 second holds( strict ten too)

missed doing them Thursday and had to get them in. They were VERY VERY strong and easy

Hungarian Handstand Pushups
5 sets of 4 reps.

these felt great too. and my shoulder stayed in place here as well, another surprise. I can really feel this old groove again.

L Sits on rings
5 sets of 5 secs

these were surprisingly strong and easy

Ring Supports

3 sets of 10 secs. Again, strong, shoulder stable

Black band tri extensions

100 reps in 6 sets , short rests.

nice :))

datsit. Sisu





1 comment:

Tera Gold Cheap said...

Thank you very much! I can sort of hear the final i on chiisai, though it's very faint. Having the romaji makes memorizing so much easier.


Cheap WOW Gold
Buy Tera Gold
Buy World Of Warcraft Gold

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...