Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Snatch Vo2 Taper week



Teaching at certs are my competitions these days, the time when I have to be rested and ready to perform; even if that performing means standing walking and teaching for 12 hours a day for three days. This weekend's BodyWeight Workshop in MSP with is different, it's going to be HARDER as it's only Pavel Max and me teaching for the full three days!

So even though I needed to keep my condition up with some snatch vo2 today I also knew I needed to back off the volume and intensity a bit and leave a lot in the tank for the weekend

6-7 a,

Full stretchout focused again mainly on leg work, calves, hammies hips splits Right glute was weirdly tight today for no damn good reason other than I have to go on a trip this weekend and didn't have enough to concentrate on it seems :))

What it does tell me is that I've been too lazy with my serious stretch practice and need to get back to it asap. Will be good mental prep for the weekend's emphasis on just bodyweight anyway.


8:30
snatch vo2
15:15
16 kg
40 sets of 7
280 reps
10.080 lbs

these were very easy but my right glute/ham tie in was talking to me so I backed off even more than expected. I was planning on 50 sets but didn't want this to tighten up so 40 it was.

Two Hand arm casts
20 lbs x 10/10 x 2
25 lbs x 10/10 x 2

Handstands
5 sets for 5-10 seconds

definitely not as easy after all those snatches :))

Bodyblade laterals
3 x10/10

datsit, out of time

Sisu

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...