Saturday, October 15, 2011

28 kg long cycle PR


Woke up this morning thinking I was going to do alternating clean and presses with the 24 kg. Keep it light and safe as I have to travel to MSP next Thursday and teach for three very interactive days. But I felt very good today and the 24 was just going to be too light, so the 28 kg it was.

Had a great 60 minute stretchout at 7 am and that was a tell. Got back to doing hurdle step drills with my left leg only with the stick at the squat rack position as well as the overhead snatch position. CAN'T forget these as they are crucial to me for a variety of reasons.

They build my lagging left hip flexor, pattern the left leg gait pattern, pattern a strong hip, ankle dorsi flexion position which helps keep me square.This, as well as stretching in these positions has got to get back into the daily mix.

Also back into the mix was serious left quad stretching which has to go to the top of the que. It sucks to do but pays off big dividends in gait ease and less knee pain.

left shoulder was IN, which was great and I didn't push it at all with over head hangs at all. That helped a lot when it was pressing time

8 AM Long cycle clean and press
warmup
3 sets of 5/5/5 one arm swings and transers

C/P
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x3/3

28 kg x3/3 x 8 sets PR

I'm too lazy to look back for it but I do think this is an all time pr or ties it. Either way it rocks because it was way easy( could have done 5's), felt light and, most importantly, my left shoulders stayed in place every set and got more stable with each set as well.

One arm swings
24 kg x 10/10 x 10 sets
15 minutes
200 reps
10,600 lbs/nice

this was very good. My need to go heavier than 24 was slaked with the presses so high reps and fast pace was in the mix. This is a very good sign that my condition is getting to a peak, perfect timing. The bell felt light, the rep speed was fast and the power was high. What more could I ask for/ ( that it felt that way with the 40 kg but don't be greedy :))

Triceps extensions ( black band)
20,20, 15, 15


Bench Pistols

grease the groove. A whole bunch throughout the workout.

I realized this week that I dropped pistols from my schedule and decided today to put them back in the mix; BUT only doing bench pistols and doing them grease the groove style. Whenever I was sitting down, either on a bench or a stability ball, I have to get UP from the bench with a left leg pistol! It worked great and I did a lot of concentric followed by a negative pistol and then back up again. This should work very well for really solidifying this move.
datsit. Sisu

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...