Saturday, April 09, 2011

Stepping back.


It's been a great ramp up but today I knew it was definitely time to scale down the load and the intensity. No worries, it felt right. My arms ,especially my forearms, were pretty dang toasty from all those heavy swipes and fast snatches.

Volume or intensity, both wear you down, just in different ways, and require different types of recovery. There is also the synergy of fatigue that occurs when you mix them together in a training cycle as well.

Today felt like the right time to up the stretching part of my training for the next week and downplay the loading.

7-8 am

full hour stretchout. got some great new shoulder mobility ideas from Matt Schinabecks blog NorthWest Kettlebells. I really got on the pec minor with the tennis ball and it got right to the point,lol. Great new stuff. I also put the tennis ball behind the first rib and did shoulder mobility work as well.
MY right shoulder flexibility and movement is SO much better than ever but it still has SO long to go to where it is really normal. Oh well, what's the alternative?

Used the high density rumble roller as well and this thing is intense. just great on the messed up adhesions in and around my knee, calf and hammy.You can really manipulate the prongs to get right inside individual sections of each muscle; very much like the thumbs of a serious deep tissue worker. I now see I need the full size one as well. Too much trouble to manipulate the little guy for everyday use.

For travel it will rock.Just like my little netbook,lol.great for travel , not so much for home.

TGU to straight arm support.

body weight x 3 x3 ( just working the rolling pattern)
10 kg x3/3/
12 kg x3/3
16 kg x3/3 x 3 sets

For some reason I can now do these on my right side and my shoulder is fine! ? This is very odd because ever since coming home from my RKC In 2005 I had to give up on the right side tgu because my right shoulder wouldn't tolerate it and I didn't want to overwork my already overworked left shoulder.

But teaching it so much these days for HKC's, RKC re certs and preparing students for all of the above I do the bodyweight version a lot and now it seems I can put some weight overhead as well. Nice.

Left side is actually weaker at the 16kg because my left leg/hip doesn't want to play nice in that position and the left rectus/oblique/tfl and rolling pattern is weaker.

Power Swings( 2 hand)

16kg x 10
20 kg x10
24kg x20
32 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x9/9
x10/10
90 reps
1,1460 pounds

Since my arms were cooked the idea of one arms to start was not fun.Plus it was time to lighten the load so I started with these. good idea. it went very well and 10 reps with the 32 was not easy at all to keep the speed up for every part of every rep. Precisely the idea :))

One arm swings
16 kg x5/5+5 transfers x 2
20 kg x5//+5 trn

24 kg x 5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x9/9
x10/10

These started tough and finished well. MY tight forearms reminded me not to grip too tight.

KB arm bar
16 kg x3 x 5 sec holds
20 kg x3 x 5 sec holds

actually too tired to do anything else and should have called it but decided to see how these felt. they were ok but I could feel more fatigue in the pecs shoulders and upper and decided enough...

of those but then

Hanging leg raises

3 sets of 6 reps

ok, now I'm really done. 20 minutes of stretching and then into some food and rest.

datsit.:))

1 comment:

ambersbridal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...