Monday, February 04, 2019
180 lb press 7 singles,40 kg belt squats, Handstands/floor pushups, laterals
Ok NOW we're getting somewhere! Made the corrections I came up with last week and they all worked!
1) Take time and really get the layback full set
2) Elbows UP
3) Patience after loading lats and BEFORE launch ( coil the spring!)
4) Load arms AS WELL as take weight on chest on walkout ( this is very important it seems- I was trying to take almost all the weight on my chest. This pre loads the arms just enough
The real takeaway was holding the lat and glute tension after the lat flex almost too long. It caused a hell of a launch, plenty of bar speed and I went right through the sticking point and my glutes did not drift back
The 'Drop and Pop' is dead.
As I now remember it didn't work for my bench press either. I was much better with a long pause than a touch and go. Looks like the same thing here.
This workout could not have gone better.
I even MISSED the rep out in front on my 6th set, and did another perfectly easy rep right after! I just pushed it too far forward but could fix it right away! That gives me confidence!
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
175 x 1
180 x 1 x 7 sets.~
could have done 10 sets This is the technique
40 kg belt squats
10,12, 14 16
Handstands/ floor pushups
5-6 sec handstand super sets 25, 20 20
this was hard!
3 sets of 10/10 with 15s
Finally a great press day!
1) take it out with chest and arms
2) slow setup into tight layback, elbows UP
3) slow tight flex down HOLD
4) explosive launch