Sunday, April 29, 2018

Flying Fast Ruck

Now this is what my rucking is supposed to feel like! Legs and calves(!) were loose and strong and pace was good from the get go.
Body felt great with zero aches or issues from yesterday or last week at all. Considering how wonky my left arm and shoulder felt Friday this was shocking
Just goes to show that when one bone is not sitting right the rest of the train tracks don't either .

Things I did different:

100 ups for a warmup before the stretching
Wearing vibrams five fingers three times this week for work
Thorlo hiking socks and not tight compression socks
Lacing Salomon high tops only mid way and looser as well

Zero calf or feet issues

Finished 15 minutes faster too! that's a speed record. I thought last lap would be 7:15 but was off a bit but still 7:31 after almost two hours is fine. Just  a wee bit faster than most of the laps

One difference is that I did not have to stop and shake it out at all this time. First in quite awhile

50 lb Ruck
12 laps
11 iso squats
1:45 min
Last lap 7:31

BW 169.4
BF 11.8

one more workout before I leave Thursday for the cert. Hope to make it a strong one!

datsit


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...