Thursday, April 26, 2018

45 lb Ruck, all systems go

Very good ruck today. Wore the Danner combat boots with the thorlo hiker socks and laced the boots very lightly and skipped the top run.

Not sure if it made the difference with zero foot or calf problems the whole hour. Also have been wearing my vibram five fingers to work every other day and I can feel this is very good for my foot health and ankle mobility, as squatting totally flat footed really challenges my ankles and calves!

Need to get some wider toe box shoes though, probably New Balance minimus for daily wear too as the vibams, I just discovered do not allow for much toe flexion in the pushup. the toes are kind of molded tilted UP  and flexion is tough. Have to see if the minimus are any different as the toe box looks pointed up here as well


But a good ruck nonethess, fast and steady paced too

45 lb Ruck
6 laps
55 min
RPE 6

BW 170.2
BF 13.3
W ?

ok off tomorrow then a lot of reps on saturday. last swing workout before the SFL cert. Might do some light dl's and benches saturday
Or not :)

datsit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...