Monday, June 23, 2014

32 kg Goblet squats, pushups,hip sled, ring triceps

 Took a relatively easy day today as tomorrow it's wheel's up to Gothenburg Sweden and and SFG level 1 cert with Tommy Blom and I don't want to tweak anything more than I need a little more stimulation in the training.

So I subbed out kb front squat with goblet squats and liked them so much I just might leave it this way! I can get way deeper with the goblets ( although I need to try the elbows inside the knee position with the double bells first) and it just feels great to do! The double fronts tend to make my back a lit grouchy on the next two days after with all the ab stimulation and I don't need that with all sitting, flying and walking I'm going to be doing.

And the goblets were strong and great fun.

Free squat warmup  3 sets of 12

Goblet squat
 16 kg x 5 x 2
20 kg  x 5
24 kg x 5
32 kg x 3 x 5 sets
24 kg x 5 x 5 sets

definitely a pr since I've never done this workout before but it was cool. Could have easily done the 32 for 5's but the idea was not to push it


Pbar pushups
one single rail.close grip feet on floor( like a decline)

Full reps felt fine on shoulder, like the close grip and the triceps emphasis
 4 sets of 5,6,7,8

Belt squats
32 kg x 12  x 4 sets

easy peazy.

Hip sled drag
95 lbs x 4 laps of 250 feet

VERY strong. Left it at four on purpose.

Ring triceps ext
4  x 12, 12, 10, 6

haha hoping for 4 sets of 12,triceps death had other plans. good work though and upper body is coming back too with some mild triceps and pushup work. It's good to have one natural bodypart :)

datsit. Off the grid til I come back but it should be great fun, haven't been to sweden since 1993 as an assistant team coach for Team USA powerlifting

neverquit.


No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...