Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Ruck. Hard work, work.



It was just work this morning, as I expected it would be. It doesn't take much to take the cream off the top of my fitness and missing a week of "training", world travel across many time zones and montezuma's revenge didn't help either.

But I knew it wouldn't matter, either. I would just ruck up and do my best. See who was home, as Glenn would say.
It wasn't that bad; the first five laps were around 8:30 seconds and the body just didn't want to go any faster but then on lap six things loosened up and I got to 8:15's then the last three laps were all around 8:00 or less!

Two hours, twelve laps.
Same 15 kg ruck weight. Won't bump that up til I get back from Sweden  July 1.

Glenn put on this Army Cadence song above yesterday during our sets and I thought it would be good to listen to as I walked my laps.

It was. But after a few times it started to distract trying to get the next one up on the phone so I ditched it.

But, it was in my head and that was even better

28 kg front squat tomorrow. Can't wait

datsit.
Neversquit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...