Saturday, November 24, 2012

Watching the wheel , not the peak.



I was a horrible climber on a racing bike. I never had any leverage sitting down to spin up hills so I had to stand for any climb I wanted to be able to put some effort into. One thing I learned very quickly is that you NEVER look up to the top of the climb or even think about how much further you have to go. You just watch the road and the wheel right in front of you, relax and breathe and just keep turning the pedals.

Anything else is psychologically devastating as it ALWAYS seems way too far, way too hard. The same thing here in KB land when I have a lot of reps ( anything over 5 ,lol) or a lot of sets to do in swings or snatches. Just watch the wheel and do one rep at a time, one set at a time. Don't get ahead of yourself or panic. Just go.

And I felt good this morning but when I realized that 8 sets was 192 I thought perhaps I should do 9 sets and break the 200 barrier again. But as soon as I do that I have to bump the reps up and I'm in no hurry to do that, so one set PR was the goal. I could live with 192 snatches :))

It was freaking frozen in Stones gym today too so we had extra warmups, BUT it was only a 20 kg so the fear factor was not there. Which almost made it worse, didn't need to get psyched at all, which meant no adrenaline to help me. Oh well, suck it up :))

7 am Rifga stretchout 40 minutes getting back to work here again. Need it:))

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3
16 kg x 5/5 x 2 ( snatch)

20 kg x 12/12 x 8 sets
192 reps\8448 lbs

took about 5 sets for my lungs to open up. then I started getting tired ,lol . This is a lot of reps for me!
here is set 5


 the heavier weight makes me stronger to make these lighter bells and higher reps easier. the high rep sets make my form more solid for the heavier bell. each weight and rep scheme helps all the others, It's working very well so far


CB arm casts 
25 lbs x 10/10
35 lbs x 8/8
          x 10/10

these were tough but manageable.

P bar pushups
1 x 8 
this groove was too fatigued from thur and chains
Floor pushup
2 x 7 
still too much instability
Horizonal P bar
1 x 8

this was MUCH better. Very much like a bench press. really tried to "break" the bar apart as I descended locking in the rotators. Almost no instability. Nice. Have to play with this more.

that's all she wrote.  Time to eat :))

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...