Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back to high pulls



Once you have had a serious back injury; the kind where you can't really can't bend, stand walk or lie down well you realize that something like that can happen again. You may be better now but once you KNOW how really wrong things can go, you're ever on the lookout for it. The little signs, that tell you  that perhaps a storm is coming. Perhaps not but you better be ready.

I have been pretty much back pain free for almost two years and it's been great. I thank God every morning as I turn over in bed with no problem for being able to do that, as well as a myriad of other basic things you don't think about til you can't do them without pain or restriction.

But I've been doing a LOT of two hand swings, two kb swings, squat pattern work as well as a ton of volume as well and obviously not enough stretching as this weekend my back tightened up a bit. Not a big bit but still a scary bit. And the tight lower abs and psoas and QL brought back some very ugly and painful memories.

The hour I spent in weird positions pulling avocados off the tree didn't help either. SO I got in to work early this morning and got to work opening up some very tight front panel and lats.
It did the trick. As it always does but it was a pretty nasty reminder just how close I always am to being really jacked up again.

Back injury and pain is no joke. Neither is doing your correctives and mobility work AND staying sure your structure is balanced. I need one arm ballistic work to keep my stabilizers working maximally, being as asymmetry and unbalanced as I am. Hey, that doesnt' read right :))

5:30 am
Rifga focus on back bends and overhead stick stretches. Lats and front panel ridiculously tight


High pulls
16 kg x 5/5/ x3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5/
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets
28 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets
24 kg x 8/8 x 2 sets

This pushed reset and all was well with my back. Crazy how fast things can go wrong or go right :))

Belt squats
40 kg x 15  x 4 sets

as usual, this also pushed reset.

1/2 pullups
4 sets of 4 reps

back to scapula pullups. now that I've regained my push pattern it's time to reclaim my pull pattern. These will be full pullups in no time

Bb laterals
3 x 10/10

datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...