Monday, January 16, 2012

A strange kind of balance

It seems in my quest to regain my body and rebalance all ( or at least some) of my asymmetries it seems like I am trying to herd cats. As soon as I get one thing, or side, squared away, something pops out the other.

Like some kind of perverse Jenga game or something. I've been working on rehabbing my right shoulder for what seems an eternity lately( the latest injury was a rotator cuff tear in '03, not counting the original dislocation in 1977!)  and it has finally come along! My overhead position on snatches is infinitely better than ever and I've been able to train it, and demonstrate the press with it for the last year plus.

NOW of course that the right side is good the left side has been giving me problems. It hasn't been right ( pun intended) for the last 6 months with SOMETHING sliding out of position in all kinds of weird positions( sleeping at night, side planks, any kind of horizontal pushing but not, up until recently, overhead kb  military presses.

The good news is that I have figured out it is my sternal clavical moving around and not the biceps tendon as I thought and I know how to"set" it back into neutral almost instantly.

But I'm tired of fighting it every step of the way in my press workouts and think it might be time to drop that move for awhile. I really hate to do it given that I CAN press well with my right side finally but I think that's the message here.

And I can deadlift again but can't press. So weird.

I once told a friend whose license plate read "Want All" that he COULD have it all. Just not simultaneously :))

Seems the same for me but that is cool. have to heed the signposts and go with the flow :))Life is a wave of unpredictability.Ride it. Adjust. Move on.

It looks like this will end up light/high rep snatch day again :((

here's today presses


one arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5/5 x 3


Military Press
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5 x2
          x 6/6
          x 7/7
          x 5/5 x 3 sets





my shoulder just wouldn't settle down and I had set it after each set. ack. no fun.
next

Two Hand CB arm casts( "Super Pullovers")
20 lb x 10/10
25 lbs x 10/10
35 lb x 8/8 x 3 sets


these felt very light and strong today


P Bar Handstand
5 sets of 10 second

Easy. nailed them all with no wall touch. nice.

Black band triceps extension
1 set of 45 /outa time :((((


Datsit. 
Sisu Never Quit

2 comments:

Juci SFG said...

Sorry to hear this left shoulder business.
This is just unfair :(

Mark Reifkind said...

Judit

I would say I'm used to it by now but I'm really not :(( I'll figure it out though:))
thanks

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...